27 ° FSunny
- 0"Last 24 hours
- 28"Storm Total
- 68"Snow Depth
#IShredAlpine Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Alpine Meadows® Ski Resort, P.O. Box 2007, c/o/ 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Alpine Meadows, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins February 27, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) and ends on March 29, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the #IShredAlpine Contest you must post an original photo taken atAlpine Meadows ski resort and tagged #IShredAlpine using one of the three outlets:
Photos must have been taken at Alpine Meadows and have the #IShredAlpine tag. All photos tagged #IShredAlpine on Twitter or Instagram will automatically be posted here: http://www.skialpine.com/ishredalpine-photo-contest
By entering the Contest, Entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. Tip: Don’t forget to get releases from people that are recognizable in your photo!
The photograph must not, as determined in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected or illegible/corrupt entries/tweets; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER IN #IShredAlpine CONTEST. Upon posting of a photo, viewers (who must have Facebook or Twitter accounts vote) can vote for that photo by hovering over the photo, clicking “Vote” then clicking on either the Facebook or Twitter button. Weekly winners will be selected every Friday from March 1- 29, 2013 based on the highest number of votes their respective photo receives during the prior week or part of week. Each Entrant can only win the weekly prize for a posted photo once; for example, if a weekly winning photo continues to receive the most number of votes the next week, the Entrant’s photo with the second most votes will be the winner during such week. A Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor among all entries on or about March 29, 2013. Weekly and Grand Prize winners will be awarded their respective prize, so long as such Entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. Entrants need not be present to win. Any Entrant that does not comply with these Official Rules may be disqualified by Sponsor at any time without notice.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY. Prize may not be resold or transferred by winner under any circumstances. Winners are also subject to all Alpine Meadow’s resort rules and policies. Prize winners are responsible for payment of applicable income tax. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted by Sponsor.
8. WINNER SELECTION. Voting as described above may occur only during the Entry Period, ending on March 29, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Weekly winners will be notified on or about every Friday from March 1 - 29, 2013. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor’s judges, in such judges’ sole and unfettered discretion, among ALL entries, on or about March 29, 2013. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about March 29, 2013. Each Contest Winner will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a release of liability and any other documents that Sponsor may reasonably require. If such Contest Winner does not reply to any Sponsor notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to such Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
9. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Contest Winner(s) willl be notified on Twitter, on Alpine Meadow’s website, by Twitter direct message, or by e-mail, at the latest following the end of the Entry Period. If a selected winner is not available to accept the prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the prize and select an alternate winner through the same Contest process. All prizes must be claimed within seven days of notification.
10. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a photo, the Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the copy and any portions thereof in any format (collectively "distribute" or "distribution," as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and its Judge are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
12. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor and its parent and affiliated companies, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram or Facebook. Entrant agrees that he/she is providing information to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Contest.
13. CHOICE OF LAW. ALL ENTRANTS AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and SPONSOR in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the District Court for the State of California or in Federal Court for the State of California
14. WINNERS LIST. For name of weekly winners and Grand Prize Winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope after March 29, 2013 but before June 29, 2013, to Sponsor at #IShredAlpine Contest Winners List, Marketing Department – ATTN Tracy Chang,
PO Box 2007,Olympic Valley, CA 96146.