Learn to be an Instructor
Do you have an inner “ski bum” yearning to work? We offer innovative terrain based beginner programs and an incredible playground for all levels of skiers, taught by industry leaders. We are hiring people with a passion for snowsports; someone who counts the number of days they ski on more than two hands. If this sounds like you, come join our team.
- No prior teaching experience needed
- Intermediate skiers and above welcome
- Desire to work with kids (ages 3 yrs and older) in small groups
- Enjoys working outdoors on the snow for 6-8 hours a day; standing, walking; skiing
- Communicates a passion for the sport
- Available to work a minimum of 21 days for the winter season, including Holidays and weekends
- Indoor/outdoor support staff positions available. Duties include rental shop tech, boot fitting, operating Magic Carpets, supervising children, on-snow support, set-up and tear down, and chairlift riding support.
- Enjoy lake views while teaching on dedicated beginner slopes, gentle teaching terrain, and watch your students’ progress on one of our terrain based teaching features. Beats on office job any day!
- Earn ski pass privileges for you and your legal dependents at Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. That’s over 6,000 skiable acres, 43 lifts, 270+ trails all accessible on one pass.
- Take your skiing to the next level. We offer riding, teaching and technical training to those that want to earn PSIA & AASI certifications. (www.psia-w.org) Our clinics include PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2, 3, Children’s Specialist, Senior Specialist and Avalanche & Freestyle accreditations.
- Daily skiing/riding/teaching clinics include topics for Alpine, Nordic, and Snowboard disciplines.
Apply Now for Non-Certified Instructor.
- Send a one page resume & letter of reference to Karen Roske, at email@example.com
- Hiring managers will contact applicants throughout the summer.
Learn from the experts at Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows, and experience extraordinary.
For information on relocating to the area, please check out our first timer's guide.